Do not go to the wrong check- in location!
CARRIAGE Tours START from the Heritage Center!
HORSEBACK Tours START at McMillian Woods Youth Campground!
ALL carriage tours start and end at
The Heritage Center shares a large parking lot with the Appalachian Brewing Company.
FREE parking behind the Heritage Center.
Even on busy summer days there is plenty of room for RV and bus parking.
The Carriage will pull up to the front of the building to load.
You will check in with the Carriage Drivers when your tour is loading. All you need is the name you booked with!
The Gettysburg Heritage Center has restrooms inside you are welcome to use.
They have an incredible Gift Shop.
There are drinks and snacks available you can bring along on your Carriage Tour!
All Confederate Trails of Gettysburg HORSEBACK tours start and end at
- W. Confederate Ave is a TWO-WAY road from the light at Fairfield Rd/ Rt. 116/ Middle Street/ Seminary intersection until just past the right turn off to the Youth Campground Entrance.
- If the Road starts ONE-WAY, you have just missed the right turn off.
- The RIGHT turn to the Campground is 0.608282197 miles on right after getting on W. Confederate Avenue.
Here are 6 reasons why you should not wait in your car until the time of your tour:
- You get to say HI! to the horses!
- Giving us a chance to get to know you only makes your trail ride better – the more time we spend with you the better we can pair you with one of our horses that will complement your personality.
- Opportunity to talk with your Licensed Battlefield Guide before your tour.
- Great photo op time for horse selfies.
- You can ask us questions, get checked in, and verify waivers are complete
- The sooner everyone riding is on site, the sooner we can start the Safety and Instruction briefing!
- All Horseback participants must sign a waiver and participants under 18 years old must have their parent or guardian sign the waiver for them.
- Guests can complete and Sign both the required Liability and optional ‘Not wearing a Helmet’ waiver Online.
Just fill out and you are done! No need to print them!
- Participants 15 years old and under must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver AND must be accompanied on the ride by a parent or guardian.
- If you are age 18 and up and do not wish to wear a helmet, you MUST SIGN A HELMET WAIVER.
All Riders under the age of 18 must wear a helmet.
Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. If over a week out, rebooking is possible, but not guaranteed; call 717-476-7428.
Activity takes place rain or shine.
In cases of extreme weather (lightning, excessive heat, etc.) that poses a health and safety threat to our guests, staff or animals, we may need to cancel the rides with little or no notice. When we do need to cancel due to weather we will attempt to contact you via email, text or phone call using the information you provided at the time of purchase. We make every attempt to update our facebook to list any last minute cancellations. If we cancel your ride due to weather and you are not able to reschedule we will refund you the full tour price.
All Horseback participants must meet our age and weight requirements.
Per insurance requirements, all Horseback participants must weigh 250 pounds or less and everyone must be age 8 and up. Participants ages 15 and under must also be accompanied on the tour by a parent or guardian.
There are NO age or weight limits on Carriage Tours.
Horseback Participants will be required to sign a liability waiver.
All Horseback participants must sign a waiver and participants under 18 years old must have their parent or guardian sign the waiver for them. Participants under 16 years old must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver AND must be accompanied on the ride by a parent or guardian. If you are ages 18 and up and do not wish to wear a helmet, you must sign a helmet waiver. However, all guests under the age of 18 must wear a helmet.
– We look forward to having a great ride together
Subscribe to our mailing list and find out about special events, discounts and packages, or how to book private events. Subscribe using the short form to the right. Victorian Carriage company is a Confederate Trails of Gettysburg business and we are pleased to offer a variety of Gettysburg horseback rides and carriage tours.